Friends of the Red Jacket Community Library
The Friends of RJCL raise funds for library programs and equipment, and provide volunteer support for programs and events. The Friends have been actively supporting our community library since its founding in 1998. The Friends of the Red Jacket Community Library is a tax-exempt 501(c)3 organization and operate under our approved Bylaws.
Becoming a Friend
Meetings are usually the Second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the library. Check the events calendar for up-to-date information each month. All members of the community are welcome to the join us. Become a member at a meeting, or send in your membership form. Membership gives you:
- A voice in the decision-making process regarding Friends’ projects and spending.
- A vote in the annual elections of officers for the Friends, held in November.
- The opportunity to work with a great group of Friends while giving back to the community.
Get involved with a great group of Friends!
Mary Zingerella, President
Lisa Spencer, Vice President
Eden Thomas, Secretary
Sue Smith, Treasurer
Arlene Reeves, Interim Director
Eileen Wegman-Koeberle, Director
Dorcas Lynch, Director
How we support the Red Jacket Community Library
The Friends of RJCL have raised $50,000 over 21 years to support a wide range of programs and purchases.
Equipment and Supplies
We supplement the library budget with purchases of:
- ADA accessible door opener
- Cameras and a projector
- Computers and printers
- 3D printer
- Coffee maker for patrons
- Baby changing table
- Furniture purchases and refurbishing
- Picnic tables
- Shelving for books and DVDs
- Signs for events and promotions
- Rolling book cart
We fund a range of programs and activities for patrons of all ages, including:
- Concerts and music programs
- Storytellers, magicians and other activities
- License for public showing of movies
- Summer reading programs for children, teens and adults
- Transportation to the book fair
We provide matching funds for grants earned by the library, including:
- Libre Foundation grant – for books
- Gates Foundation grant – for computers
All furniture purchased by the Friends moved with the Community Library to its new location in 2022